Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor
Duty Station: Kabale
- Purpose of the job
The Administrative Assistant to Deputy Vice Chancellor is to organize the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- Minimum Qualifications
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Secretarial Studies, Laws, Education, Business Studies, Social Sciences or any other relevant field from a recognized University.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar job in a reputable institution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
iii. Duties and Responsibilities
The Personal Assistant is responsible to the Deputy Vice Chancellor and shall:
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office.
- Attend all meetings chaired by the Deputy Vice Chancellor unless otherwise stated.
- Manage appointments for the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- Prepare all documents needed for meetings of the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- Ensure good customer care to visitors of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office, and take minutes of such meetings with visitors as may be required by the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- Carry out any other function or duties assigned from time to time.
- Tenure of Appointment
The successful candidate shall be employed on contract for three (3) years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.